Monday, November 29, 2010

Why P90X Really Works!

Why P90X Really Works

I'm sure you've seen the infomercials with Tony Horton telling you that you can look like them in 90 days. Well I'm here to tell you that it really does work. The infomercials are so awe inspiring and they really do live up to the hype. If you give these videos a try you can definitely have a body like just like the folks on TV!
 
I first gave P90X (Power 90 X) a try about 2 years ago. I was in college and the military so I was pretty fit. I was rather skinny though and I saw P90X as a challenge and a way to bulk up a little. I was standing tall at 5"8/137 lbs dripping wet and I wanted to be around 150 just to try it on.
 
The things they mentioned about muscle confusion really made sense to me because I experienced that in my military training from doing the same things over and over. So I got my dumbbells and pull up bar and got started.

P90X turned out to be much better than any other workout I tried. It was a lot of fun and didn't seem like a chore at all. Despite how fit I thought I was it was extremely hard! It is so hard in fact, that it has no choice but to work.

Just when you think you have gotten used to a set of workouts like Plyometrics or Chest and Back, your body gets shocked with a whole new set of workouts. Tony Horton really has this thing perfected down to a science! I have a B.S. in nutrition and I must say that their nutrition plan is amazing and it works.

 
I have now done the whole P90X program about 3 times. I have done the Lean and Classic versions. The very first time I was able to gain about 18lbs of mostly muscle so it's not just for losing weight. If done right you can gain muscle and lose body fat at the same time!

Here's What You Get With P90X:

13 DVD's Including an Introductory DVD:
*P90X - 01 Chest & Back. Targeted strength and definition workout emphasizes two classic upper-body exercises.
*P90X - 02 Plyometrics. Explosive jumping cardio routine, proven to dramatically improve athletic performance.
*P90X - 03 Shoulders & Arms. A potent combination of pressing, curling, and fly movements that will leave you stronger and more defined.
*P90X - 04 Yoga X. Combines strength, balance, flexibility, and breath work to enhance your physique and calm your mind.
*P90X - 05 Legs & Back. Squat, lunge, and pull in a total-body workout like no other.
*P90X - 06 Kenpo X. Intense cardiovascular workout includes punching and kicking for endurance,

0 comments:

Post a Comment